Two Rivers’ North Pier Lighthouse
Built in 1886 by a Mr. Boehmer of Manitowoc for the U.S. Lighthouse Service this lighthouse stood at the harbor entrance of Two Rivers for 89 years until it was replaced by an automated beacon. The original lamp was a 240 degree Fresnel lens lit by an oil wick. Later, the oil was replaced by an electric bulb.
Mr. Anton Gauthier of Two Rivers was the first keeper of this lighthouse which was included in his duties as the keeper of the Rawley Point Lighthouse now known as Point Beach Lighthouse.
Location. 44° 9.185′ N, 87° 33.721′ W. Marker is in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, in Manitowoc County. Marker is on 2102 Jackson Street one mile from 21st Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Two Rivers WI 54241, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Steamer Vernon (a few steps from this marker); St. Luke Catholic Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Luke Rectory (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Luke Convent (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Luke School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Schooner Rouse Simmons (approx. 0.3 miles away); Steamer Continental (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hamilton School (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Two Rivers.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. This page has been viewed 447 times since then and 40 times this year. Last updated on , by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.