Near Wernersville in Berks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
who donated this land for
The first edifice having been
Erected 1916 by by the Congregation of Hain's Church.
Location. 40° 20.376′ N, 76° 4.287′ W. Marker is near Wernersville, Pennsylvania, in Berks County. Marker is on Church Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is on an island in the north parking lot of St. John's (Hain's) United Church of Christ. Marker is at or near this postal address: 591 North Church Road, Wernersville PA 19565, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Revolutionary War Soldiers in Hain's Church Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Wilhelm and Elizabeth Hain Fischer (within shouting distance of this marker); Lerch Tavern (approx. 0.9 miles away); Robesonia Furnace (approx. 3.1 miles away); Union Canal (approx. 4.6 miles away); Joseph Hiester (approx. 5.3 miles away); Is this Weiser's House? (approx. 5.4 miles away); Home of Conrad Weiser, 1729-1760 (approx. 5.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Wernersville.
Also see . . .
1. History of St. John's (Hain's) UCC. (Submitted on December 26, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. George Hain Family History. (Submitted on December 26, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 428 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.