Indian Head in Charles County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 38° 34.796′ N, 77° 6.851′ W. Marker is in Indian Head, Maryland, in Charles County. Marker is on Hawthorne Road (Maryland Route 225) 0.4 miles east of Chicamuxen Road (Maryland Route 224), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Indian Head MD 20640, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Story (approx. 0.8 miles away); Saint Charles of Cornwallis Neck (approx. 1.8 miles away); Myrtle Grove Game Refuge (approx. 2.7 miles away); Railroad at Naval Proving Ground (approx. 3.1 miles away); Navy Railroad (approx. 3.1 miles away); Smallwood's Home (approx. 3.7 miles away); Christian Temple Manor (approx. 4.1 miles away); Rich Resources (approx. 4.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Indian Head.
More about this marker. Although the marker is visible from the road, it is almost against the tree line, making it easy to miss. The print on the marker
This marker replaces an earlier version with almost identical text, with the exception that the earlier marker dates the house at 1720. The earlier version was erected in 1932 by the Teachers of Charles County Schools.
Also see . . .
1. Historic Araby. Picture and brief history of Araby, "one of Charles County's oldest and most beautiful historic properties." (Submitted on March 2, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
2. History of Araby. Maryland Inventory of Historical Properties (Submitted on July 15, 2010, by Jacqui Chalifoux of Welcome, Maryland.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by M. A. Pimentel of Waldorf, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,987 times since then and 26 times this year. Last updated on . Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by M. A. Pimentel of Waldorf, Maryland. 3, 4. submitted on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.