Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Jones Neck
Site of Settlement in the 1660's
Erected by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number K-44.)
Location. 39° 6.134′ N, 75° 26.483′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Kitts Hummock Road just from Bergold Lane. Click for map. Marker used to be located at the entrance of the John Dickinson Plantation historic site. It was moved to the entrance of the St. Jones Reserve a bit further down the road. The coordinates given are for the current location, but the picture of the marker is from its old location. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The St. Jones River: Why the Mansion Faces South (approx. 0.4 miles away); Home of John Dickinson (approx. half a mile away); Byfield (approx. 1.1 miles away); T-33A Shooting Star (approx. 1.4 miles away); Commemoration Park (approx. 1.4 miles away); Hangar 1301 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Kitts Hummock (approx. 2.1 miles away); Warner Mifflin (approx. 2.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dover.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Environment • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 556 times since then and 12 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.