Frederica in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 2005 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-93.)
Location. 39° 1.483′ N, 75° 27.558′ W. Marker is in Frederica, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Delaware Route 1 and Barratt's Chapel Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Frederica DE 19946, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Barratt's Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Warner Mifflin (approx. 3.7 miles away); Murderkill/Motherkiln Friends Meeting (approx. 3.7 miles away); Town of Bowers (approx. 3.8 miles away); Geographic Center of Delaware (approx. 4.8 miles away); The St. Jones River: Why the Mansion Faces South (approx. 5.3 miles away); St. Jones Neck (approx. 5.4 miles away); North Murderkill Hundred (approx. 5.5 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Barratt's Chapel website. (Submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
2. Barratt's Chapel & Museum - Heritage Landmark of the United Methodist Church. (Submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
1. National Register of Historic Places:
Barratt's Chapel (added 1972 - - #72000281)
N of Frederica on U.S. 113 , Frederica
• Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
• Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
• Architectural Style: No Style Listed
• Area of Significance: Architecture, Religion
• Period of Significance: 1750-1799
• Owner: Private
• Historic Function: Religion
— Submitted October 25, 2012.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 494 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.