Henrico in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Early Courthouses in Varina
Establishment of Justice
Erected 1997 by County of Henrico Division of Recreation and Parks.
Location. 37° 37.727′ N, 77° 31.031′ W. Marker is in Henrico, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker can be reached from Prince Henry Drive near East Parham Road. Click for map. This panel is located outside of the Court Building at the Henrico Government Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4301 East Parham Road, Henrico VA 23228, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Henrico County (here, next to this marker); The Courthouses in Richmond (here, next to this marker); The Courthouse Today (here, next to this marker); Laurel Historic District (approx. 1.1 miles away); Virginia Home for Boys (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bethlehem Baptist Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); Outer Defenses (approx. 1.8 miles away); Skipwith Academy (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Henrico.
More about this marker. On the left is a sketch with the caption, "Historians believe the Varina Courthouse in the early 1800s was a simple brick structure."
On the right is map with the caption, "Detail of “Map of land between James and York Rivers,” 1781-1782, anonymous."
Also see . . . Henrico County History. (Submitted on January 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 368 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.