Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battles and Engagements of the Delaware Regiment
Battles around New York City and Environs, 1776-1779
1. Long Island, August 27, 1776
2. Throg's Neck, October 12-18, 1776
3. Mamaroneck Raid, October 22, 1776
4. White Plains, October 28, 1776
5. Retreat across New Jersey, November-December 1776
6. Trenton, December 26, 1776
7. Staten Island, August 22, 1777
8. Stony Point, July 16, 1779
Philadelphia Campaign, 1777-1778
1. Brandywine, September 11, 1777
2. Germantown, October 4, 1777
3. Monmouth, June 28, 1778
The Southern Campaign in the Carolinas, 1780-1782
1. Camden, August 16, 1780
2. The Cowpens, January 17, 1781
3. Guilford Courthouse, March 15, 1781
4. Hobkirk's Hill, April 25, 1781
5. Ninety-Six, May 22-June 19, 1781
6. Eutaw Springs, September 8, 1781
7. Skirmishing and Maneuvering, Fall 1781-Fall 1782
Location. 39° 9.448′ N, 75° 31.133′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Liberty Street. Click for map. Marker located in front of Legislative Hall, facing Court Street. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Bayonets of the Revolution (here, next to this marker); The Delaware Continentals (here, next to this marker); The Delaware Regiment (here, next to this marker); The Congressional Medal Of Honor (within shouting distance of this marker); Dover Light Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); Bioretention (within shouting distance of this marker); Legislative Hall - Delaware's Capitol Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First State Heritage Park of Dover (about 500 feet away but has been reported missing). Click for a list of all markers in Dover.
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 874 times since then and 46 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?