Passaic in Passaic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
between the Hackensack and
Passaic Rivers, were ordered
by Washington, Nov. 21, 1776,
to cross the Passaic here.
After dismantling the bridge,
they marched across Jersey.
The Tap House often
was used as a headquarters.
Erected 2010 by Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
Location. 40° 51.41′ N, 74° 7.395′ W. Marker is in Passaic, New Jersey, in Passaic County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Avenue and Prospect Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Avenue. Click for map. Marker is located in Armory Park in Passaic. Marker is in this post office area: Passaic NJ 07055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nassau Hall Academy (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Henry Garritse (about 600 feet away); Post Grave Monument (about 700 feet away); The Land Upon Which We Pray (about 700 feet away); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (about 700 feet away); Daughters of the American Revolution (about 700 feet away); General John J. Pershing (about 800 feet away); The Blanchard House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Passaic.
Also see . . . Washington's Retreat Through Jersey. (Submitted on January 15, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.