Steubenville in Jefferson County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
North-West Corner of Fort Steuben
Named in Honor of
Frederick William Augustus
Baron Von Steuben
Who rendered distinguished
service to the
United States Army
War of the Revolution
General George Washington
February 7, 1778
April 15, 1784
Location. 40° 21.492′ N, 80° 36.807′ W. Marker is in Steubenville, Ohio, in Jefferson County. Marker can be reached from South 3rd Street east of Market Street. Click for map. This historical marker is located in the downtown business district, near the Ohio River, on the grounds of the Historic Fort Steuben Park. It is situated just inside the main entrance to the reconstructed Fort Steuben. Marker is in this post office area: Steubenville OH 43952, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Steuben (within shouting distance of this marker); This Old Federal Land Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Federal Land Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton (about Edwin McMasters Stanton (about 600 feet away); Abraham Lincoln's Visit to Steubenville (about 600 feet away); U.S.S. Maine (about 700 feet away); Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919) / Carnegie Library of Steubenville (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Steubenville.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.