“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Fort Supply in Woodward County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)

Camp Supply

Near here North

Camp Supply Marker image. Click for full size.
1. Camp Supply Marker
Inscription. Established Nov. 1868 by Gen. Alfred Sully with 5 companies of 3rd Inf. This was the supply base for Col. Custer's 7th Cav. Here, Dec. 2, 1868, Gen. Sheridan received Custer returning from the Battle of the Washita. Name changed to Ft. Supply 1889. Post abandoned 1893. Buildings now used by the State as a hospital.
Erected by Oklahoma Historical Society and State Highway Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society marker series.
Location. 36° 34.055′ N, 99° 33.227′ W. Marker is near Fort Supply, Oklahoma, in Woodward County. Marker is on Highway 3 / Highway 412 east of Reservation Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Supply OK 73841, United States of America.
Categories. Forts, Castles
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Christopher Suttle of Norman, Oklahoma. This page has been viewed 675 times since then and 132 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Christopher Suttle of Norman, Oklahoma. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement