Oglethorpe in Macon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 096-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. Marker has been confirmed missing. It was likely located near 32° 17.635′ N, 84° 3.622′ W. Marker was in Oglethorpe, Georgia, in Macon County. Marker was on Chatham Street (Georgia Route 90) 0 miles east of Sumter Street (County Route 128), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. The marker is next to the Macon County Health Department. Marker was at or near this postal address: 110 Chatham Street, Oglethorpe GA 31068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 Timothy Barnard (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lumpkin Academy (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mt. Zion Lutheran Church (approx. 6 miles away); The Raiders' Graves (approx. 7.5 miles away); Lanier/Miona Springs (approx. 7.6 miles away); National Prisoner of War Museum (approx. 7.7 miles away); The Battling Bastards of Bataan (approx. 7.7 miles away); Memorial to POW’s at Hiroshima Japan (approx. 7.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Oglethorpe.
Categories. • Agriculture • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 751 times since then and 78 times this year. Last updated on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.