Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Nedrow in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Nedrow c. 1798

 
 
Nedrow c. 1798 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Nancy Mueller, February 4, 2011
1. Nedrow c. 1798 Marker
Inscription. Known as Onondaga Castle until 1897. Renamed Rockwell Springs for the sulphur springs & picnic area. Nedrow P.O. est'd 1917.
 
Erected 1997 by Town of Onondaga.
 
Location. 42° 58.617′ N, 76° 8.485′ W. Marker is in Nedrow, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is at the intersection of South Salina Street (U.S. 11) and Wendell Road/Rockwell Road on South Salina Street. Click for map. The marker is in front of the Nedrow Volunteer Fire Department station. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6505 South Salina Street, Nedrow NY 13120, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cardiff Giant (approx. 5.8 miles away); a different marker also named The Cardiff Giant (approx. 6.5 miles away); Grover Cleveland (approx. 7.7 miles away); Syracuse Area (approx. 8.2 miles away); Jesuit Mission (approx. 8.5 miles away); Paddock Mill (approx. 9.2 miles away); 9 Mile Creek Aqueduct (approx. 9.3 miles away); First Sawmill (approx. 9.9 miles away).
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Nedrow c. 1798 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Nancy Mueller, February 4, 2011
2. Nedrow c. 1798 Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York. This page has been viewed 655 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement