Leesburg in Lee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 088-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 43.953′ N, 84° 10.278′ W. Marker is in Leesburg, Georgia, in Lee County. Marker is at the intersection of Leslie Highway (Georgia Route 195) and 4th Street East, on the right when traveling north on Leslie Highway. Click for map. The marker stands in front of the Lee County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Leslie Highway, Leesburg GA 31763, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least Noted Indian Settlement (approx. 2.6 miles away); Palymra (approx. 6.7 miles away); Cox Landing Park (approx. 8.6 miles away); Albany’s First Brick House (approx. 10.6 miles away); Colonel Nelson Tift (approx. 10.7 miles away); Dougherty County (approx. 10.7 miles away); The Bridge House (approx. 10.8 miles away); Pursuit of Jefferson Davis (approx. 12.5 miles away).
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 501 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.