Beaver in Beaver County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1946 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 41.683′ N, 80° 18.367′ W. Marker is in Beaver, Pennsylvania, in Beaver County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Street and Insurance Street, on the right when traveling west on 3rd Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beaver PA 15009, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Matthew S. Quay (here, next to this marker); First Court (a few steps from this marker); Brigadier General William Irvine (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Agnew Square (about 700 feet away); McIntosh Square (about 700 feet away); Matthew Stanley Quay Home (about 800 feet away); a different marker also named Fort McIntosh (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Lachlan McIntosh (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Beaver.
Also see . . .
1. Fort McIntosh. Beaver Area Heritage Foundation (Submitted on February 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
2. Treaty of Fort McIntosh. Ohio History Central (Submitted on February 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 399 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.