Nevada City in Nevada County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Nevada County Court House
1936 – 1937
George C. Sellon
Lindgren & Swinerton Inc.
Location. 39° 15.822′ N, 121° 1.107′ W. Marker is in Nevada City, California, in Nevada County. Marker is on Church Street north of Pine Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker and Board of Supervisors plaque are mounted on the front of the building flanking the entrance doors. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Church Street, Nevada City CA 95959, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Searls Law Office (a few steps from this marker); First Brick Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Nevada City Public Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Brick Gothic Building (within shouting distance of this marker); North Pine & Commercial (within shouting distance of this marker); Masonry in the Gold County (within shouting distance of this marker); Nevada Hose Co. No. 1 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nevada County Traction Company (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Nevada City.
Also see . . . A Brief History of Nevada County. Prior to its creation Nevada County had been part of Yuba County. The population growth following the gold rush of 1849-50 plus the distance of the courts for trial of important criminal and civil business, resulted in the move for a separate county organization and in 1851 Nevada County was formed. (Submitted on February 15, 2011.)
Categories. • Government • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 516 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.