Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Washington in Washington County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Bradford House

 
 
Bradford House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, February 20, 2011
1. Bradford House Marker
Inscription. Built in 1788 by David Bradford, leader of the Whiskey Rebellion in 1794. Occupied by him until he fled to Spanish West Florida after the collapse of the Rebellion.
 
Erected 1953 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Whiskey Rebellion marker series.
 
Location. 40° 10.1′ N, 80° 14.683′ W. Marker is in Washington, Pennsylvania, in Washington County. Marker is on South Main Street (Pennsylvania Route 18), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 175 South Main Street, Washington PA 15301, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Globe Inn (here, next to this marker); The Whiskey Rebellion (within shouting distance of this marker); Edward Acheson (within shouting distance of this marker); "Declaration & Address" (within shouting distance of this marker); LeMoyne House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Washington County (about 700 feet away); Captain Philo McGiffin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington and Jefferson College (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Washington.
 
Also see . . .
Bradford House image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, February 20, 2011
2. Bradford House

1. The David Bradford House, Washington, PA. (Submitted on February 21, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
2. Bradford House - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 13, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.) 
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsNotable Events
 
David Bradford House image. Click for full size.
By Earle R. Forrest, September 6, 1908
3. David Bradford House
The Bradford House is the stone structure in the center, located on South Main Street in Washington, PA. Notes: The David Bradford House was built in the post-colonial architectural style. David and his family lived in the home until 1797. They eventually sold the house in 1803. The interior of the home included woodwork from England. The house has been open to the public since 1965. Courtesy: Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 489 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.   3. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement