Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Martinez in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

The National Bank of Martinez

Founded 1924

 
 
The National Bank of Martinez Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, February 27, 2011
1. The National Bank of Martinez Marker
Inscription.
R.E. Claeys J.W. McClellan M. Pistochini J. Comazzi O.K. Smith G. Winkelman J. Sparacino

Robert B. Borland  President
A.J. Heald  Cashier
P. Ferrarini  Vice President

Bank of Italy  1927-1930
Bank of America  1930-1951

Historical Marker No. VIII
Martinez Historical Society
July 4, 1993

 
Erected 1993 by Martinez Historical Society. (Marker Number VIII.)
 
Location. 38° 1.043′ N, 122° 8.194′ W. Marker is in Martinez, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Estudillo Street on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 659 Main Street, Martinez CA 94553, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McNamara-McMahon Building (a few steps from this marker); City Hall Apartment Building (a few steps from this marker); Hilson's (within shouting distance of this marker); Rankin Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Bergamini Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Morgan House (about 300 feet away); 736 Ferry Street (about 300 feet away); Hook Building (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Martinez.
 
Also see . . .  National Bank. The Martinez Historical Society's page for the Bank. (Submitted on March 1, 2011.) 
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
The National Bank of Martinez (now USBank) and marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, February 27, 2011
2. The National Bank of Martinez (now USBank) and marker
"Chartered April 15, 1924, the firm later became the Bank of Italy, to be followed by Bank of America. In the late 1940's that Bank of America moved across the street. Since then a variety of businesses have occupied the building." - Martinez Historical Society
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 443 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement