Albany in Dougherty County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 047-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 34.718′ N, 84° 9.135′ W. Marker is in Albany, Georgia, in Dougherty County. Marker is at the intersection of Pine Avenue and Champion Lane, on the right when traveling west on Pine Avenue. Click for map. The marker stands in front of the Albany-Doughtery County Judicial Building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 225 Pine Avenue, Albany GA 31701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Colonel Nelson Tift (here, next to this marker); The Bridge House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Albany’s First Brick House (approx. half a mile away); Cox Landing Park (approx. 2.2 miles away); Palymra (approx. 4.8 miles away); Lee County (approx. 10.7 miles away); Noted Indian Settlement (approx. 13.2 miles away).
Also see . . . City of Albany & Dougherty County, Georgia. (Submitted on March 11, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 544 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.