Exeter in Rockingham County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
— 1771 —
Erected by Town of Exeter, New Hampshire.
Location. 42° 59.155′ N, 70° 56.922′ W. Marker is in Exeter, New Hampshire, in Rockingham County. Marker can be reached from Jady Hill Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at Duck Point, a 200-yard walk northwest from where Jady Hill Avenue ends at the Squamscott River. Marker is in this post office area: Exeter NH 03833, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Powder House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Brigadier General Enoch Poor (approx. ¼ mile away); Exeter NH Exeter Gas Works (approx. 0.3 miles away); Second Burial Ground (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ladd-Gilman House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of the First Mill At Falls of the Squamscott River (approx. 0.3 miles away); Abraham Lincoln Speaks in New Hampshire (approx. 0.3 miles away); Revolutionary Capital (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Exeter.
Regarding Powder House.
Also see . . . Seizure of gunpowder. The account starts on page 240 of the History of the Town of Exeter, New Hampshire by Charles Henry Bell (Exeter, 1888). (Submitted on March 26, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • War of 1812 • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 697 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.