Port Huron in Saint Clair County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The “John S. Martin”
This anchor was recovered from the "John S. Martin", which lies approximately 600 feet northeasterly of this monument.
Location. 43° 0.015′ N, 82° 25.48′ W. Marker is in Port Huron, Michigan, in Saint Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of Thomas Edison Parkway and Elmwood Street, on the left when traveling south on Thomas Edison Parkway. Click for map. Located in the International Flag Plaza riverside park. Marker is in this post office area: Port Huron MI 48060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Great Storm of 1913 and Sailors Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Bridging the Blue Waters (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ships on the St. Clair (about 600 feet away); Native Americans Tom Edison at Grand Trunk (about 600 feet away); Immigration (about 700 feet away); All Aboard! (about 700 feet away); Making Tracks (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Port Huron.
Categories. • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 371 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.