Mercer in Mercer County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
General Hugh Mercer
Erected 1917 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission and The Pennsylvania Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 41° 13.632′ N, 80° 14.341′ W. Marker is in Mercer, Pennsylvania, in Mercer County. Marker is on North Diamond Street 0 miles east of Perry Highway (U.S. 19). Click for map. Located on the right column support of the Mercer County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Mercer PA 16137, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mercer County (here, next to this marker); The Mercer Soldiers Orphans School (a few steps from this marker); Johnston Tavern (approx. 5.4 miles away); Clay Furnace (approx. 7.6 miles away); Neshannock Potato (approx. 8.1 miles away); Westminster College (approx. 8.7 miles away); Cunningham Memorial Park (approx. 9.4 miles away); "Freedom Road" (approx. 10.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Mercer.
Also see . . .
1. American Revolution - General Hugh Mercer. (Submitted on April 11, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
2. Hugh Mercer at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on April 15, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 468 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.