Cornwall in Litchfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
First Foreign Mission School
Foreign Mission School
Which from 1817 to 1826 trained
young men of many races to act
as Christian Missionaries among
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 41° 50.633′ N, 73° 19.854′ W. Marker is in Cornwall, Connecticut, in Litchfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Bolton Hill Road and Pine Street, on the left when traveling west on Bolton Hill Road. Click for map. Located in front of St. Peter's Lutheran Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7 Bolton Hill Road, Cornwall CT 06753, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. This Tree (within shouting distance of this marker); Cornwall World War I – World War II Veterans Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cornwall Korea – Vietnam Veterans Monument (about 300 feet away); Scion of the Charter Oak (about 300 feet away); Cornwall (about 300 feet away); Francis L. Sheane Memorial (approx. Major General John Sedgwick (approx. 4.5 miles away); Milton F. "Mike" Dusek Memorial (approx. 5.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cornwall.
Also see . . .
1. Cornwall Historical Society, Foreign Mission School. (Submitted on April 19, 2011, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Foreign Mission School on Wikipedia. (Submitted on April 19, 2011, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
3. Foreign Mission School designated a National Historic Landmark. According to the designation, the nearby Steward's House was the main location of the school. (Submitted on November 3, 2016, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 503 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page was last revised on November 3, 2016.