Plymouth in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1877 — 1977
Home of: [counterclockwise] Borden Cheese Division; Sargento Cheese Company; Farm Bureau; Sheboygan County Holstein Breeders Association; Plymouth Creameries; S & R Cheese Corporation.
Location. 43° 44.816′ N, 87° 58.88′ W. Marker is in Plymouth, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker is on South Milwaukee Street (State Highway 67) south of West Mill Street (County Road Z), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is located at Plymouth Utilities. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12 South Milwaukee Street, Plymouth WI 53073, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Honor of our Pioneers (approx. 2.1 miles away); Site of Winooski Hamill's Hollow (approx. 5.2 miles away); Schoolhouse Straight (approx. 5.3 miles away); Old Wade House State Park (approx. 5.5 miles away); Kimberly's Korner (approx. 5.6 miles away); Wacker's Wend (approx. 5.7 miles away); The Lake Street Walkway (approx. 6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Plymouth.
Also see . . .
1. Plymouth Chamber. Our City. Mooove Over - Antoinette's Here. (Submitted on April 25, 2011.)
2. City of Plymouth, Wisconsin. (Submitted on April 25, 2011.)
3. Plymouth, Wisconsin. Roadside America website. "Named "Antoinette" after Jack Anton, who led the effort to put up the statue for Plymouth's centennial." (Submitted on April 25, 2011.)
4. Plymouth Arts Center. Since 1993, the Plymouth Arts Center has been the premier arts destination of Western Sheboygan County, providing an enticing mix of experiences in the arts for area residents and visitors alike. Over the past 20 years, the PAC has evolved from a grass-roots group intent on promoting the arts in the area to a legitimate county arts center that is enriching (Submitted on March 23, 2013, by Donna Hahn of Plymouth, Wisconsin.)
5. Plymouth Murals Created by the Walldogs. An additional mural was painted back in 1942 and is located in our Post Office: http://livingnewdeal.berkeley.edu/projects/post-office-mural-plymouth-wi/ Come to Plymouth to see these beautiful murals created by the Walldogs in 2011. Plymouth Arts Center is home to the Sargento history mural. (Submitted on March 23, 2013, by Donna Hahn of Plymouth, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Animals • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 994 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.