Sapulpa in Creek County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Earle Berryhill Building
Headright oil income of Earle, Creek Roll No. NB988 (a minor), utilized as an investment for him by his father Theodore, Cr. No. 2519 (son of George W.), built this building, completed in 1909.
American National Bank, Ground Floor
Graham & Welch Clothing Store, Ground Floor
Uden Book Store, Ground Floor
Joe Bruner, Second Floor
John Ellinghausen, Second Floor
Tom Wallace, Second Floor
Sapulpa Refinery, Second Floor
Lloyd Anderson Agency, Third Floor
McDougal & Lytle, Third Floor
Hugh Mackay, Third Floor
C. J. Davenport & Judge Thrift, Third Floor
W. V. Pryor & C. B. Rockwood, Third Floor
C. W. Lively, Third Floor
H. H. Davis, County Assessor, Fourth Floor
Jesse Burgess, County Superintendent, Fourth Floor
Vic Decker, County Attorney, Fourth Floor
Jack Bruin, County Treasurer, Fifth Floor
Gus Corey, District Court Clerk, Fifth Floor
Building managed by O. B. Pickett, 1930-1974
Plaque erected - Bicentennial Year, 1976 by John and Sally (Berryhill, No. CNB988) Bingman and their sons, Brooks Earle, No. CNB988, Bradd Bishop, No. CNB988, John Brian, No. CNB988
This building listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 1999
Erected 1976 by John and Sally (Berryhill, No. CNB988) Bingman Family.
Location. 35° 59.909′ N, 96° 6.808′ W. Marker is in Sapulpa, Oklahoma, in Creek County. Marker is on Dewey Avenue (Oklahoma Route 66) near Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Building is along Historic Route 66. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14-20 East Dewey Street, Sapulpa OK 74066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Oil Well in Tulsa County (approx. 8.9 miles away); Not Just a Ball Game (approx. 11.7 miles away); Mary Veasey Leech (approx. 11.8 miles away); Creek Stickball Park (approx. 11.8 miles away); Creek Nation Council Oak Memorial (approx. 11.8 miles away); Elliott Building (approx. 12.6 miles away); Oklahoma Natural Gas Company Building (approx. 12.6 miles away); First Presbyterian Church Centennial (approx. 12.6 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Berryhill Building. Used for senior housing (Submitted on April 25, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Berryhill Building NRHP Registration Form. (Submitted on April 25, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 523 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.