Whippany in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Washington put all the troops
under marching orders for the
North River and arrived here
June 25, 1780.
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 49.235′ N, 74° 24.422′ W. Marker is in Whippany, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Mt. Pleasant Avenue (New Jersey Route 10) and Troy Hills Road, on the right when traveling west on Mt. Pleasant Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Whippany NJ 07981, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Settlement of Whippanong (within shouting distance of this marker); Hanover Veterans Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Tuttle House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Whipponong Cemetery (about 600 feet away); Whippany Burying Yard (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Iron Works (approx. 0.3 miles away); 56-Delaware, Lackawanna & Western R.R. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad Standard Telephone Booth (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Whippany.
Also see . . . The Battles of Connecticut Farms and Springfield. (Submitted on May 7, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 282 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.