Polkton in Anson County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Leonidas L. Polk
Erected 2009 by North Carolina Office of Archives and History. (Marker Number K-11.)
Location. 35° 0.091′ N, 80° 12.85′ W. Marker is in Polkton, North Carolina, in Anson County. Marker is at the intersection of Andrew Jackson Highway (U.S. 74) and Horne-town Road (North Carolina Road 1259), on the right when traveling east on Andrew Jackson Highway. Click for map. The marker is located on the grounds of the South Piedmont Community College - L.L. Polk Campus. Marker is at or near this postal address: 680 Highway 74 West, Polkton NC 28135, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brown Creek Soil Conservation District (approx. 2.7 miles away); Hugh Hammond Bennett (approx. 6.6 miles away); Anson County Training School (approx. 7.5 miles away); Boggan-Hammond House (approx. 8.2 miles away); A. R. Newsome (approx. 8.8 miles away); Thomas Samuel Ashe (approx. 8.8 miles away); Ralf Freeman (approx. 9 miles away); Fight at Colson's (approx. 14.6 miles away).
More about this marker.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study the marker shown.
Also see . . . North Carolina History Project : Leonidas L. Polk (1837-1892). (Submitted on May 13, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 539 times since then and 97 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.