Staten Island in Richmond County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Andrew’s Church
to this historic parish church
founded in 1708 and chartered by
Queen Anne in 1713, British
headquarters during the
Revolutionary War, family
parish of Saint Elizabeth Bayley
Seton and Mother Episcopal
Church of Staten Island. Despite
our age and heritage we are a
vital congregation proclaiming
the presence of Christ among us.
Come be part of this open, inclusive
and progressive community
Erected by Church of St. Andrew.
Location. 40° 34.368′ N, 74° 8.799′ W. Marker is in Staten Island, New York, in Richmond County. Marker is on Arthur Kill Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Staten Island NY 10306, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Patriots under Gen. Mercer (within shouting distance of this marker); Relatives of Elizabeth Bayley Seton (within shouting distance of this marker); Church of St. Andrew (within shouting distance of this marker); Church of Saint Andrew (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of 18th century structures Christopher House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Richmondtown (about 700 feet away); Rezeau-Van Pelt Family Cemetery (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Staten Island.
Also see . . . The Church of St. Andrew website. (Submitted on May 21, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 400 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.