Near Thomson in McDuffie County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 094-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 33.043′ N, 82° 34.305′ W. Marker is near Thomson, Georgia, in McDuffie County. Marker is on Wrightsboro Road half a mile west of Stagecoach Road, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. The marker stands at the Wrightsboro Methodist Church in the dead town of Wrightsboro. Marker is in this post office area: Thomson GA 30824, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the William Bartram Trail (here, next to this marker); Wrightsboro Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rock House (approx. 4.8 miles away); Hickory Hill (approx. 6.6 miles away); Home of Thomas E. Watson (approx. 6.7 miles away); Sen. Thomas E. Watson (approx. 6.8 miles away); Thomas Edward Watson (approx. 6.8 miles away); Rear Admiral Richard Ellington Hawes (approx. 6.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Thomson.
Also see . . . Wrightsborough - The New Georgia Encyclopedia. (Submitted on May 27, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 458 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.