Burnettsville in White County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Founded originally as Farmington Academy in the southwest part of town, in 1858 Joseph Baldwin opened the Indiana Normal. This was Indiana's first Normal school and the fifth in the United States.
Erected 1976. (Marker Number 91.1976.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 40° 45.694′ N, 86° 35.602′ W. Marker is in Burnettsville, Indiana, in White County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Pearl Street, on the left when traveling south on South Main Street. Click for map. Located at the Burnettsville Community Center - next to the Railroad Depot. Marker is in this post office area: Burnettsville IN 47926, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Trail of Death (approx. 4.2 miles away); Burnett's Creek Arch (approx. 4.3 miles away); Trooper Paul Vincent Minneman (approx. 7.4 miles away); Mentzer Tavern (approx. 8.5 miles away); Carrollton on the Wabash (approx. 8.5 miles away); The Carrollton Bridge The Wabash & Erie Canal (approx. 8.5 miles away); White County War Memorial (approx. 8.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Burnettsville.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 327 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.