Near Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Camp of Waterhouse's Battery
—Army of the Tennessee —
"E", 1st Ill. Lt. Arty., Sherman's (5th) Div.,
Army of the Tennessee.
First position in line of battle April 6, 1862, 2 guns at Rhea House; 4 guns in front of this camp.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number A69.)
Location. 35° 7.945′ N, 88° 21.17′ W. Marker is near Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker can be reached from Peabody Road ¼ mile east of Corinth Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. 280 yards north of road up the hill. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battery E, 1st Illinois Light Artillery (within shouting distance of this marker); 13th Tennessee Infantry (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Camp of 77th Ohio Infantry (about 600 feet away); 17th Illinois Infantry (about 600 feet away); Shiloh School (about 700 feet away); Shiloh Log Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shiloh United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mississippi Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Shiloh.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 288 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.