Richardson and Robbins Complex
In 1959 the plant was sold to the William Underwood Company which used it until 1975 for the production of its "Red Devil" brand ham and other sandwich spreads. Underwood made the final addition to the complex in 1969.
The State of Delaware acquired the Richardson and Robbins complex in 1979 and immediately began an extensive rehabilitation project which was particularly careful to preserve the important architectural qualities of the buildings. The renovated complex was dedicated in April, 1983 to serve as headquarters for the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control and the Delaware Development Office.
The Richardson and Robbins complex is listed
Pierre S. duPont IV, Governor; John E. Wilson III, Secretary, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control; Nathan Hayward III, Director, Delaware Development Office
Moeckel Carbonell & Partners, Architects; Richard Y. Johnson & Son, Inc., Construction Manager
Location. 39° 9.619′ N, 75° 31.417′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Kings Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Woodburn (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woodburn: The Governor's House (about 500 feet away); Annie Jump Cannon (about 500 feet away); Hall House (about 600 feet away); World War II Memorial (about 700 feet away); Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Inc. (about 700 feet away); Bishop Richard Allen (about 700 feet away); Dover (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dover.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 839 times since then and 114 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.