Huntington in Suffolk County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
outpost fort, built by
British troops during
the Revolution, 1776 - 1783.
Erected 1977 by Town of Huntington Bicentennial Committee.
Location. 40° 52.788′ N, 73° 24.292′ W. Marker is in Huntington, New York, in Suffolk County. Marker is at the intersection of E Main Street and Maple Hill Road, on the left when traveling east on E Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Huntington NY 11743, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Plattís Tavern (approx. 0.6 miles away); Thomas Wickes (approx. 0.6 miles away); Huntington Village Green (approx. 0.6 miles away); Constitution Oak (approx. 0.7 miles away); Bethel A.M.E. Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); St. Johnís Episcopal Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); North Meadow (approx. 0.7 miles away); Old Huntington Green (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Huntington.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 331 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.