Whitehorse, Yukon Territory — The Canadian Territories
Log Church & Rectory
Erected 1978 by Government of Yukon.
Location. 60° 43.1′ N, 135° 3.248′ W. Marker is in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Marker is at the intersection of Elliott Street and 3rd Avenue on Elliott Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 Elliott Street, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory Y1A 1E3, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. White Pass and Yukon Route Railway (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Copper Nugget (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); SS Klondike Alaska Highway (approx. 1.6 kilometers away).
Also see . . . Old Log Church history. In August 1953, the log church became the cathedral of the Diocese of Yukon when the See was moved from Dawson City to Whitehorse. Soon the church proved to be too small for the growing congregation and in 1960, the new Christ Church Cathedral was constructed providing more space for parish activities. (Submitted on May 30, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 417 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?