Near Wilcox in Elk County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First State Game Lands
Erected 1950 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 32.06′ N, 78° 36.428′ W. Marker is near Wilcox, Pennsylvania, in Elk County. Marker is on Glen Hazel Road (Pennsylvania Route 1001) 0.4 miles south of Bendigo Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wilcox PA 15870, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Marys (approx. 7.7 miles away); Elk County (approx. 10 miles away); Dr. Edward H. McCleery (approx. 12.1 miles away); Seneca Spring (approx. 13.1 miles away); Nebo Lutheran Chapel and Cemetery (approx. 13.4 miles away); Thomas L. Kane (approx. 13.5 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Pennsylvania Game Commission-State Wildlife Management Agency. (Submitted on May 31, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
2. First State Game Lands - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 11, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Environment • Government • Sports •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 313 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.