Hutto in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Over time, the property exchanged hands from the Boatrights to the Haygoods. Birdie Haygood Badger sold the property in 1950 to the newly formed Hutto Cemetery Association, and the cemetery name changed to reflect its association to the community. Records indicate that within the cemetery's bounds are two lots once reserved for paupers, as well as one lot associated with the Swedish church that evolved into Hutto's First Methodist Church.
The community's history is evident in the cemetery, with text on grave markers signifying settlers who came from other states or countries, area residents who belonged to fraternal organizations or who served in the military as early as the Civil War, and children whose brief lives also contributed to the local history.
Erected 2004 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13477.)
Location. 30° 31.258′ N, 97° Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hutto TX 78634, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hutto Lutheran Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Shiloh-McCutcheon Cemetery (approx. 1.5 miles away); Hutto (approx. 1.6 miles away); Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hutto United Methodist Church (approx. 1.9 miles away but has been reported missing); Klattenhoff House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Hutto Baptist Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Saul Cemetery (approx. 2.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hutto.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,153 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.