Blacksburg in Montgomery County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
William Frank Henderson
College Physician 1891-1920
Consulting Physician 1920-1935
During more than half of his life, Dr. William F. Henderson treated thousands of cadets at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (now Virginia Tech). Efficient and kindly, he also chaperoned dances and attended football games, where he staunchly supported the team. Off-campus, the well-known physician made house calls to virtually every home in Blacksburg.
First section completed in 1876
Erected by VPI Class of 1953.
Location. 37° 13.816′ N, 80° 25.028′ W. Marker is in Blacksburg, Virginia, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from Alumni Mall (Virginia Route 314) west of North Main Street (Business U.S. 460). Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blacksburg VA 24060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Houston Squires (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (about 500 feet away); The Armory (about 500 feet away); The Cellar Building William Black (about 700 feet away); Carol Montgomery Newman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Paul Ernest Torgersen (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Addison Caldwell (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Blacksburg.
Also see . . . Henderson Hall. Virginia Tech (Submitted on June 1, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Education • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 418 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.