Near Fort Chiswell in Wythe County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Anchor and Hope Plantation
Erected 1932 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number K-36.)
Location. 36° 56.653′ N, 80° 56.856′ W. Marker is near Fort Chiswell, Virginia, in Wythe County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 52 and Exit 80 (Interstate 81), on the right when traveling south on U.S. 52. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Max Meadows VA 24360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lead Mines (a few steps from this marker); Fincastle County (approx. 4.8 miles away); Wythe County Poorhouse Farm (approx. 5.1 miles away); Walter Crockett (approx. 6.2 miles away); Jackson’s Ferry and Shot Tower (approx. 6.5 miles away); Robert Enoch Withers (approx. 6.8 miles away); Wytheville Training School (approx. 7.3 miles away); Edith Bolling Wilson (approx. 7.5 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 865 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the plantation • Can you help?