Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Rome in Oneida County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy

 
 
Senator John F. Kennedy Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 17, 2008
1. Senator John F. Kennedy Marker
Inscription.
Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy
of Massachusetts addressed
two thousand Romans from
this site September 29, 1960, in
his quest for the presidency
of the United States.

 
Location. 43° 12.779′ N, 75° 27.286′ W. Marker is in Rome, New York, in Oneida County. Marker is at the intersection of East Court Street and North James Street, on the right when traveling west on East Court Street. Click for map. Marker is mounted to the right of the entrance to the Oneida County Court House on E Court St. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 N James St., Rome NY 13440, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rome Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Brigadier General Peter Gansevoort, Jr. (within shouting distance of this marker); British Trenches (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rome (about 300 feet away); Unknown Soldiers (about 500 feet away); Futile Approach (about 600 feet away); Unrealized Expectations (about 700 feet away); Powder Magazine (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Rome.
 
Categories. Politics
 
Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 30, 2014
2. Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy Marker
Senator John F. Kennedy Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 17, 2008
3. Senator John F. Kennedy Marker
Marker is mounted to the right of the entrace of the Oneida County Courthouse building.
Rome's Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 17, 2008
4. Rome's Courthouse
The courthouse was completed in 1851 and is an example of Greek Revival architecture. This building replaced the original courthouse, which was built in 1807 and burned in 1848. The dome was added in 1902.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 295 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.   2. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.   3, 4. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement