Merton in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Martin C. Weber, Sr.
Founder Land O’ Lakes Leagues
In early 1950, the organization grew to 108 teams in leagues called Land O' Lakes, Rivers, Brooks, Valleys, and Puddles. It covered 7 counties including Waukesha as the base, plus parts of Jefferson, Washington, Racine, Milwaukee, Ozaukee and Kenosha.
Martin, Sr. was the director of the leagues until 1952. Today there are still 41 teams in 4 divisions, under 4 different directors. Weber passed away in 1966 at age 69.
Erected 2001 by Waukesha County Historical Society. (Marker Number 16-03.)
Location. 43° 8.946′ N, 88° 18.557′ W. Marker is in Merton, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Street and Ted Bies Boulevard. Click for map. Located in Merton Fireman's Park. Marker is in this post office area: Merton WI 53056, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Village of Merton (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church Of Merton (approx. 0.3 miles Plainview School No. 4 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Beaumont Hop House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Monches (approx. 3 miles away); Town of Lisbon (approx. 3.3 miles away); Sixteen School (approx. 3.4 miles away); Carl Schurz Forest (approx. 3.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Merton.
Categories. • Sports •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 604 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin. 2, 3. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. 4. submitted on , by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.