Chattanooga in Hamilton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Bridges’ Battery, Illinois Light Art'y.
2 Napoleons, 4 - 3” Riﬂes.
—Capt. Cullen Bradley's Artillery Battalion. —
2 Napoleons, 4 - 3" Rifles.
Capt. Cullen Bradley's Artillery Battalion
Wood's Division, Granger's Corps.
Nov. 23 to 25, 1863.
Capt. Lyman Bridges, Commanding.
1st Lieut. Morris D. Temple.
2nd Lieut. Lyman A. White.
2nd Lieut. Franklin Seborn.
The battery occupied this position from midnight of the 23rd till the close of the battle Nov. 25th, 1863, and was engaged at intervals in shelling the camps, moving trains and lines of the enemy. It also fired its six guns in rapid succession as the signal for the advance of the Army of the Cumberland about 3:30 p.m. Nov. 25th, 1863, and continued a rapid and annoying fire over the heads of the assaulting line of Union troops till the ridge was carried.
No losses reported.
Erected by Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Battlefield Commission.
Location. 35° 2.383′ N, 85° 16.426′ W. Marker is in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in Hamilton County. Marker can be reached from Orchard Knob Avenue north of Ivy Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. This historical
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Field Headquarters of the Union Armies. (a few steps from this marker); Illinois State Monument (a few steps from this marker); Willich's Brigade. (a few steps from this marker); The State of Maryland (a few steps from this marker); Battle of Chattanooga. (a few steps from this marker); New York Monument (a few steps from this marker); Confederate Casualties (a few steps from this marker); Union Casualties (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Chattanooga.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 493 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.