Brookfield in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This was also the site of the first Dixon school house, which was burned and relocated south of North Avenue in the 1860ís.
This land was deeded by John Dixon in 1850. It was operated by the Brookfield Cemetery Association in 1851. The name was changed to Pioneer Cemetery in 1854.
Erected 1971 by Waukesha County Historical Society. (Marker Number 02-06.)
Location. 43° 3.66′ N, 88° 6.378′ W. Marker is in Brookfield, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker is on Pilgrim Square Parkway 0.1 miles north of West North Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brookfield WI 53005, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. City of Brookfield (approx. 0.4 miles away); The William Donaldson House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Dousman-Dunkel Behling Inn (approx. 1.2 miles away); Oak Hill Cemetery (approx. 2.5 miles away); Revolutionary War Veteran (approx. 2.5 miles away); Milwaukee County's First Airport Oak Hill Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Caroline Quiner "Ma" Ingalls Birthplace (approx. 3.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Brookfield.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 955 times since then and 26 times this year. Last updated on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.