Paris in Bourbon County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Bourbon County, 1786
Erected 1969 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1246.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 38° 12.764′ N, 84° 14.989′ W. Marker is in Paris, Kentucky, in Bourbon County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 460), on the left when traveling north. Click for map. In front of the Bourbon County Courthouse on the Ardery Place side of the courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Paris KY 40361, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Edwards 1748-1837 / Westwood (a few steps from this marker); William Holmes McGuffey (within shouting distance of this marker); Duncan Tavern (within shouting distance of CSA at Paris, 1862 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eades Tavern (about 400 feet away); Cane Ridge Meeting House (approx. 4.5 miles away); Bourbon Whiskey / Jacob Spears (approx. 5 miles away); Johnston's Inn (approx. 5.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Paris.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.