Cleveland in White County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 154-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 35.813′ N, 83° 45.794′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Georgia, in White County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 129) and Kytle Street (Georgia Route 115), in the median on Main Street. Click for map. The marker stands at the old White County Courthouse, now museum. Marker is in this post office area: Cleveland GA 30528, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. White County (a few steps from this marker); Mossy Creek and Rock Springs Campgrounds Discovery of Gold (approx. 5.8 miles away); Nacoochee Indian Mound (approx. 6.8 miles away); Early Trading Post (approx. 6.9 miles away); Nacoochee Valley (approx. 6.9 miles away); The Unicoi Turnpike (approx. 6.9 miles away); White Methodist Church (approx. 7.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cleveland.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 458 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.