Franklin Lakes in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built about 1793 by James A. Ackerman on land owned by the family since 1727. The farm was then in the locality known as Ponds Neighborhood and within the old Township of Franklin. In 1841 the house was purchased by Adam Boyd who farmed the land and was also a noted lobbyist at Trenton. The farmhouse was owned by Boyd heirs until 1901 and has been remodeled over the years.
In National Register of Historic Places
Erected 1987 by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 78.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 59.976′ N, 74° 14.209′ W. Marker is in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on Franklin Lake Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is partially obscured by trees in front of the house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1095 Franklin Lake Road, Franklin Lakes NJ 07417, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Lake (approx. 1.2 miles away); Jacobus S. Demarest House (approx. 1.5 miles Oakland (approx. 1.6 miles away); Dahlgren Gun (approx. 1.7 miles away); DeMille Gatehouse (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hendrik Van Allen House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Hendrick Van Allen House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Franklin Avenue (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Franklin Lakes.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on June 27, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.