Conley in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Stewart’s & Lee’s A.C. March to Lovejoy’s Sta.
Hardee was forced to withdraw to Lovejoy’s Sta. Sept. 1, where Stewart joined him on the 2nd. Lee, covering Stewart’s rear, followed him to Lovejoy’s on this road ~ arriving there Sept. 3d.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-61.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 39.583′ N, 84° 20.183′ W. Marker is in Conley, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Moreland Avenue (U.S. 23) and Thurman Road (Georgia Route 160), on the right when traveling south on Moreland Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Conley GA 30288, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hardee’s March Turned N.E. on Fayetteville Road Hardee Hall (approx. 2.5 miles away); McIntosh Gate (approx. 2.5 miles away); Hood Avenue (approx. 2.5 miles away); Wheeler Drive (approx. 2.5 miles away); Site: Cobb’s Mill (approx. 2.9 miles away); Hardee at Wm. Cobb’s House (approx. 2.9 miles away); Flankers Road (approx. 3 miles away).
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 515 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.