Fort Scott in Bourbon County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Bank of Fort Scott
—Fort Scott Historic District 1860 —
operated by C.F. Drake
as the Bank of Ft. Scott
from 1886 to 1905.
Later used as real estate,
commercial & retail offices.
Location. 37° 50.52′ N, 94° 42.346′ W. Marker is in Fort Scott, Kansas, in Bourbon County. Marker is on Wall Street near Main Street, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Scott KS 66701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. C. F. Drake Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Welch, Badger & Co. Dry Goods Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Star Clothing House (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Town (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Milrose Block (about 300 feet away); Fort Scott Yesterday (about 400 feet away); Medal of Honor (about 400 feet away); The Heart of Fort Scott (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Scott.
Also see . . . Fort Scott Downtown Historic District National Register Nomination. (Submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 366 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.