Poland in Mahoning County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The land for this cemetery was given to Poland in the year 1804 by Turhand Kirtland who came from Wallingford, Connecticut. As agent for the Connecticut Land Company he surveyed much of this Western Reserve territory. In his grant he also included lands for the village green.
The Samuel K. Hine will bequeathed in 1962 provides for the maintenance of both the Old Cemetery and the Green.
This marker erected August, 1966
Location. 41° 1.157′ N, 80° 36.54′ W. Marker is in Poland, Ohio, in Mahoning County. Marker is on Hine Circle near Main Street (Ohio Route 170), on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 Poland Manor, Youngstown OH 44514, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge Turhand Kirtland (a few steps from this marker); The Village Green and Graveyard/Poland Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Four Heroic Chaplains (approx. ¼ mile away); President William McKinley's Boyhood Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); Poland Academy and Poland Seminary The Old Stone Tavern (approx. 0.4 miles away); Poland Village Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Peterson Park and Clock Tower (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Poland.
Also see . . . Turhand Kirtland. (Submitted on July 5, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 359 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.