“Old White Church” Cemetery / “ Old White Church “
"Old White Church" Cemetery
First Burying Ground in Lincolnton ca. 1787 Has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior
" Old White Church"
Lincolnton's original house of worship was erected by Emmanuel Lutheran and Emanuel Reformed Congregations CA.1787 and stood on the north west corner of a two acre site. This German meeting house was known as the "Old White Church" and was shared with all denominations. Following its destruction by fire December 23, 1893 Emmanuel Lutheran's congregation erected a brick church on the same site. In 1920 the present church was built diagonally across South Aspen Street.
Location. 35° 28.187′ N, 81° 15.364′ W. Marker is in Lincolnton, North Carolina, in Lincoln County. Marker is on S. Aspen Street just from S. Church Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincolnton NC 28092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J.G. Arends (a few steps from this marker); Hiram R. Revels (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cemetery (about 500 feet away); North State Hotel (about 600 feet away);
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 767 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.