“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Leander in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)

Leander Presbyterian Church

Leander Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Leander Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. Organized in 1857 by the Rev. R. M. Overstreet, this church was originally known as Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church and was located in the town of Bagdad. When the new railroad bypassed Bagdad in 1882 and the town of Leander was founded on the rail line, the church members voted to move their congregation to the new town. A church building was erected in 1884, on land belonging to church member Sarah J. Walker, who deeded the property to church trustees in 1895. Many descendants of early members remain active in the life of the church.
Erected 1986 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9261.)
Location. 30° 34.674′ N, 97° 51.357′ W. Marker is in Leander, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on County Road 274 near W South Street (Ranch to Market Road 2243). Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 N West Dr, Leander TX 78646, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Leander United Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Webster Massacre (approx. mile away); Leander (approx. mile away); Leanderthal Lady (approx.
Leander Presbyterian Church image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. Leander Presbyterian Church
mile away); Leander Schools (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pickle-Mason House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Norton Moses Lodge No. 336, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 0.7 miles away); Bagdad Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Leander.
Also see . . .  Leander Presbyterian Church. (Submitted on January 2, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Categories. Churches, Etc.
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 824 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement