Dalton in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Blunt House
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 155-30.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 45.998′ N, 84° 58.308′ W. Marker is in Dalton, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is on South Thornton Avenue (U.S. 41) 0 miles north of West Emery Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 506 S. Thornton Avenue, Dalton GA 30720, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Campaign for Atlanta: Johnston's Review (approx. 0.4 miles away); George Whitefield The McCarty Neighborhood (approx. 0.4 miles away); Joseph E. Johnston Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tristam Dalton (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Western and Atlantic Railroad Depot (approx. half a mile away); African-American Soldiers in Combat (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dalton.
Regarding The Blunt House. The house is now the headquarters of the Whitfield-Murray Historical Society.
The home was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Politics • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 415 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.